Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Some new and unfortunate developments in my friendship with Ashley have negated the former pact of spending time apart in order to foster friendship. Because of financial aid, she's probably not going to be coming here next semester. Instead, she's probably going to get a job this spring and start at a college in Indiana the fall semester of 2006, studying to become a forensic scientist. She knows it's a lot of work but, secondary to overseas missions, it's her underlying passion. This is a hard time for her, and both of us are praying that God will guide her to wherever He wants her. I felt God telling me, "Just spend all the time you can with her." So that's what I'm doing, more-or-less.

Last night me, Ashley, Courtney, Krystle, Leann and Forest all swapped presents. I only thought I was supposed to get gifts for Ashley, so I purchased her a wooden pirate ship off Ebay and bought her a pirate book from 1/2 Price. My gifts, coming from Leann, Courtney, and Ashley, included a dinosaur puzzle, a dinosaur keychain, a dinosaur figurine, and from Ashley: a journal and a stuffed penguin. She knows how much I like to journal and how much I like penguins (secondary to dinosaurs, yet up there with koalas).

I showed up early to my Public Speaking exam, so Dr. Edmerson just had me help him set up some of those lighted Christmas lawn deer, then said, "Have a nice break." The rest of the students will have to take a paper exam. Nice to be overly punctual, I guess.

I am almost finished with The Story We Find Ourselves In. While I don't agree with everything McLaren's character Neo points out, I do find the book very enlightening, very thought-provoking, and in many ways, revolutionary. I love his words on Christ, the Church, and mission.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...