Saturday, April 29, 2006

So I have given up trying to understand how we humans have free will and yet GOD controls everything. I'm just going to accept that it's a paradox (Dr. Weatherly: "If you want a faith without paradox, become a Muslim.") and move on. Somehow GOD has given we feeble humans the ability to make our own decisions, make our own judgments, make our own mistakes, and live life as we please; and somehow He still ordains certain things to happen and they happen. I'm not going to pretend to understand it. That's that.

I went home for a few hours today: Ams and I ate Chinese food, Ashlie and Megan came over, and I worked on my lesson for tomorrow. I drove to Beavercreak, picked up Monica from a retreat, got lost in the woods, then finally made it back here to C.C.U. I am returning to Springboro for a few hours tomorrow to teach on the Exodus (the battle of the gods!) and enjoy some grilled hamburgers. I am teaching Sr. High, and Monica is teaching Jr. High. I'm excited to teach the Sr. High; my passion lies more with them than it does the Jr. High students. I have to get up around 8:30 tomorrow, so I should be getting to bed. My advice? Read Exodus 12-15.

I am seriously considering getting a Master of Arts in Old Testament studies. I'd be able to translate Hebrew. That in itself would be worth the extra two years!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im thinking about getting my masters also...ill tell you about it later. Im praying for you man:) Dont forget to pray for me:)

Anonymous said...

Anth,

I heard the senior high class went good even though the time got cut short.

dad

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...