Monday, March 10, 2008

snowed in (II)

Karen returned home from Gatlinburg last night, absolutely exhausted. She called me as she crawled into bed, and we talked for nearly an hour. We would have talked longer, but she fell asleep on the phone. And that was when the conversation became really interesting. She started talking to me in her sleep. She talked about crème-filled Halloween candies, a meditating man, and a magical Card Number 12. When I talked to her this morning, she didn’t remember any of it. To be honest, I found myself tempted to talk about zombies while she was sleeping in the attempt to make her have a zombie dream. I have zombie dreams all the time, and I love them, and I wondered if she would enjoy such an experience. However, I know my taste in zombie dreams is quite unusual, and I figured she would find them more frightening than fascinating. My zombie dreams are nearly always terrifying, but it’s like watching a good scary movie: you’re so scared you want to stop watching, but you find yourself glued to the screen and unable to turn off the television. 

Here’s an update on Dwellers of the Night. Right now, I am nearly 1/3 through the book and at around 200 pages. With this in mind, I’ve been seriously considering turning Dwellers into the Night into a trilogy entitled The Dark-Walkers. If I do this, upon completion of the third volume, I would blend all of them together as the novel Dwellers of the Night. I’m not sure if I’m going to do this, however, but it is certainly a possibility.

I’m going down to Cincinnati tonight. I’ll be spending three days with Karen, then going to Kentucky with Amanda over the weekend. I am extremely excited. This is a wonderful Spring Break. Here are a few meager pictures of the snowfall we received over the weekend (and these were taken only during the first half of the blizzard):




No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...