Sunday, March 02, 2008

my weekend

Friday: Trista and I grabbed lunch at Grand China Buffet, then I picked up Karen from her house and we drove to my place. We played a few games of Halo, shared a delicious meal of fettuccini alfredo with my family, and then my sister, Karen, and I went to Target. Amanda bought me a cool $2 journal where I have been scribbling down story ideas. We finished the night by watching “Wedding Crashers” and playing some more Halo. 

Saturday: Karen and I went out for lunch at Max & Erma’s. We grabbed some Heath bars and chocolate ice cream on the way back; we grinded up the Heath bars, added some ground-up girl scout cookies, and dumped it in with our ice cream. It tasted just like Coldstone. Karen and I took a nap in one another’s arms, and then I took her down to Newport for her friend’s birthday party. I drove up to Wright State and went to Ashlie’s apartment, where we baked cookies, ate pizza, and shared lots of laughs with a bunch of high school friends, including Hank, Chris, and Dewenter. Around 1:00 I became exhausted and left. 

Sunday: My scheduled plans for tomorrow (well, today) are as follows: clean out my car, see “There Will Be Blood” with Dad, and watch “To Kill A Mockingbird” for a paper due in my Worldviews class tomorrow. I’m not sure what time I’ll be returning to Cincinnati (right now I’m at home near Dayton), but if it’s early enough, I’ll swing by Karen’s house and give her a visit. She is a wonderful girlfriend, and I am very thankful to have her in my life. We are doing this relationship right, keeping God at the center, and that includes praying together, reading the Bible together, and even doing a devotional for dating couples I bought from the campus bookstore.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...