Friday, March 07, 2008

snowed in

I’m totally snowed in. I have a headache. It is icy-cold. I am on YouTube, browsing several videos. I’ve been watching some videos on demonism and demon exorcisms. It is not surprising how many people believe that demons are a figment of medieval thought, a superstitious fantasy, and that anyone who believes in them are ignorant, naïve, and stupid. I have never been to 3rd-world countries, but I have friends who have gone there on missions trips, and they have come back with terrifying stories of demon possession and demonic activities. Haiti seems to be the biggest hub for demonic activity. But how come there is nearly no demonic activity in the Western world? The answer, I think, is simple. The Enemy is doing his work here in a different way, through materialism, greed, and the lust for fame, power, and wealth. He is at work, though he is disguising himself, convincing us that he does not exist. And in so doing, he is winning greatly. I am not ashamed to say that I believe in demons. I believe in the possibility and reality of demonic activity. I believe that demon possessions take place today. And I believe that demons are active in the lives of Christians, though they disguise themselves so as not to be discovered.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...