Friday, May 04, 2012

a heart-warming text

I sincerely love it when people write in my journals.

"Miss my koala. Going to Roh’s Street to write, taking a million pictures even when everyone is already over it and yelling at us, getting drunk, getting [well, you know…], all of our conversations about life, relationships, religion, God, hating on your exes (okay, so it was mostly just me), reading over your stories, reading your journals, me being a bitch because I think you’re messy, laughing till I cry at all your shenanigans, going out in public and making it a life event, bubble tea, The Anchor, hiking in Dayton, being chubs together then getting skinny together, you knowing how I freak out about calories and supporting me in it, you cleaning up my puke from being drunk, hanging out when I was pissed at Rob, laughing at me, letting me do laundry at your house (which always ended up with us both wasted?), Arrested Development, making foods together, being fuckers at C.C.U., giving each other free drinks at the Hilltop, you never judging me EVER, me feeling like I’m the third Barnhart because you and your sister are two of my best fucking friends… THE best kind of friends anyone could have… I love you so much Anth. I remember it all, so don’t ever think I could forget any of you!"

Mandy sent me that as a long-ass text message, and I’ll be honest: it made my day, and I may (or may not) have shed a tear at work. I find it ironic, too, that the day she sent me the message was (almost) a solid three months since she left, three months since I’ve seen her face-to-face and had face-to-face conversation (minus Skype, which doesn’t really count). I’m raising my glass to September!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...