Wednesday, May 02, 2012

on writing (VII): it is finished


After a solid nine months, I’ve finished “The Procyon Strain: Book One.” Is it a masterpiece? I certainly wouldn’t go that far. But it’s a good story nonetheless. In the final revisions I deleted the different act separations, starting it off with a prologue, 26 chapters, and closing it out with an epilogue. The book comes out to about 280 pages, and I’m shooting for 250 pages for each subsequent book of the saga (five more to go). Before I launch into the second book, however, I’m going to do some more reading for The Quest: The Devil’s Delusion by David Berlinski and A Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris (the first is from a secular theist’s perspective, the second written by a militant atheist). Once I finish those two books, I’m going to try and script out a good portion of Book Two, and then once I’m done scripting, I’m going to close out reading books for the first assumption: An Atheist’s Manifesto (recommended by Mandy), The Reason for God by Timothy Keller, and another book from a theist’s perspective (so that I balance it out: four books against theism, four books in defense of theism). After that I’ll post up my subsequent thoughts.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...