Wednesday, March 13, 2013

the 13th week

pictures from my birthday!

Monday. I woke at 5 AM, kissed Skyler goodbye, and shot off to downtown Cincinnati to open with Dave. Monday Nights were good as usual, but I didn't stay long, since sleet began to fall early.

Tuesday. I finished Season 4 of The West Wing after work. I picked up Chipotle for dinner. The girl at the register LOVED how I said "Right on." Bringing back the 80's! She thought it was the coolest thing. Her loss. Isaac & I visited Julie at the Happy Hollow. Whiskey and orange juice: one part man, one part kid, just like my personality and looks.

Wednesday. I spent the afternoon hanging out with Blake: he's been sick at home. Today we made it to Wave 34 on MW3. We're awesome. When Blake went to bed and when Isaac headed out, Ams came over and we watched "Raging Planet": lightning and tornadoes. Pretty cool shit.

Thursday. I opened with Eric, a pretty crazy day: we hit $1600 in sales by 1:00, and that's saying a lot when you have a skeleton crew and usually don't even hit $1500 in an entire day. I spent the evening playing Assassin's Creed III and went to the Loth House to hang out with John, Brandy, and Amos, and we shared an evening of video games, Kentucky basketball, cuddling with Clover, and eating giant chocolate chip cookies I nabbed from the pastry case. Amos was going to get another job but that fell through, and Frank put in his two weeks and retracted it; Eric had tentatively hired two replacements, and today he had to call them and tell them he couldn't give them the job. "That sucked," he moaned. 

My 26th Birthday! I worked 6:30-1:30, training Sarah on a few peculiarities with F.P. Luke brought in two growlers from R.B. for my birthday: Brown Bear Brown & the Fire Chief Ale. I had three glasses and was quite buzzed by the time of the lunch rush. Ams, Andy, Amos and I got dinner at the Chinese buffet down the street and then hit up the Happy Hollow Inn with Blake, Traci, & Isaac. They kept buying me shots and I kept taking them, and I had three times what I normally cap off at. We played darts and cranked up the jukebox: Damien Jurado, The Black Keys, Rachid Taha ("Barra Barra") and Celine Dion (the Titanic theme, what else?). I staggered home and people filtered out, and then began a LONG night of vomiting and restless sleep. First time in years that I've thrown up because of alcohol. Now the thought of a shot of whiskey makes me nauseous. But it'll pass. 

Saturday. I woke around noon, still feeling pretty awful. I felt out-of-it all day long. I got a book on Civil War tactics and another on the WW2 Pacific theater from 1/2 Price at Kenwood. Ams came over, and we celebrated our birthdays (hers is next week) with Penn Station for dinner, and we spent the evening watching The West Wing: I'm halfway through Season 5!

Sunday. I woke at 6 AM (no, 7, with DST) after a night of lucid dreaming about women, juggernauts, and legless zombies. I beat Assassin's Creed III and hit up The Anchor before rushing to the early service at U.C.C. Anthony J. preached again, and it was really good. Ams came over around 11 AM and we met up with Mom & Dad at Longhorn Steakhouse at Rookwood Commons. I got a 16 oz ribeye paired with a Caesar salad. Mom & Dad got me a signature bottle of Maker's Mark whiskey for my birthday. Ams & I returned to my apartment, spent the afternoon playing video games with the window open and birds chirping outside. I made a trip to 1/2 Price and spent the evening reading and watching The West Wing, and Isaac and I crossed the street and hung out at the Happy Hollow for a bit before calling it a night. Oh, our exciting lives.

2 comments:

Hooskers said...

Thanks for keeping me updated about the crew. Miss the hell out of you guys.

darker than silence said...

Aw we miss you too!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...