Monday, March 25, 2013

the 15th week

This is the last weekly update for a while. Not only are they mundane (I told Andy I can pretty much copy & paste these things week-to-week), but the payoff isn't worth it. I've found that when I journal, I tend to hold back, to paint things up as they aren't, or to somehow write in such a way that a reader won't make judgments about me. The very act of transcribing daily journals onto the blog changes the whole point of the journals: to express myself and get things off my chest. So from here-on-out there won't be any concurrent weekly updates: I do plan on continuing on with the 16th week and further, but at a point in time far removed. Obviously, since these weekly updates have been the bulk of the blog for a while now, I'm going to have to be more original and forthcoming in blog posts. We'll see what that looks like.


Behold my ineptitude at IPhone.
Monday. Rain: so much rain. Blake took me to work given my car situation, and I got a ride home from Sarah: she lives only like four streets away. Ams came over to jump my car, but that didn't work, so I had AAA tow it to the garage. The evening was spent at the Loth House watching The Walking Dead with Blake & Traci, John & Brandy, Amos & Isaac, and Andy & Ams. Such a good crew.

Tuesday. I dreamed that Jessica C. and I hooked up during a zombie apocalypse. I used to dream about her all the time, but I haven't for like two years, so it caught me by surprise. Blake took me to work and Sarah ferried me home. I fixed baked chicken and potatoes for dinner and  went to the Happy Hollow before bed: a few shots, some O.J., and reading about The French & Indian War.

The Last Day of Winter. Ams took me to work. It was such an INSANE day: Carew closed Tuesday (Carew Tower's a ghost town and Bob didn't want to renew another 5-year lease), so we've gotten a lot of their customers, and we had to make room for a TON of leftover product, and space is already more than limited. Sarah took me to the garage from work. They thought the problem was the battery and sent me to Auto Zone. Apparently the battery I got back in January wasn't the right one. I had the warranty, so I switched it out for the right one, and it's snug and working beautifully! Final cost: $10. And I had $800 set aside for it! I drove down Red Bank and got my license plate renewed, cruised around thanking God that all this shit's worked out.

The First Day of Spring. It was twenty degrees out this morning, and the wind tunnel downtown stung against my face. At least my car's back to normal! Work was crazy, and by the time I got home around 3:00 all I wanted to do was sleep. Instead I watched The West Wing and Bill Maher's Religulous. You know when the first scene is him clubbing truck drivers at a trucker church that it's just another propaganda film against organized religion: lots of fluff, some witty quips, and empty arguments. I'd love to see him go toe-to-toe with John Weatherly, Dan Dyke, or N.T. Wright. He'd dig himself a hole and find him stuck there. But I must say, I was buckled over with laughter several times. Bill Maher's a pretty funny guy. I spent the evening at Amos' with Isaac & Frank: we watched some Swamp People and devoured Frank's fantastic crockpot chili.

Friday. OMG, TGIF!! But seriously. This week has been HELL. The store's a hot mess with backup stock and shit hauled over from 441. I couldn't have been happier leaving that place and stepping into Vitamin D. It's a good feeling. I crashed for a couple hours when I got home, fixed Mac & Cheese for dinner, and then headed over to the Loth House: beer & poker with John & Brandy, Amos & Ams.

Saturday. I grabbed McDonald's for breakfast and spent much of the day studying The French & Indian War interspersed with episodes of The West Wing (I finished Season Six). I came down with a nasty headache and spent the evening on the sofa before calling it a night rather early.

Sunday. I woke around 7:30 and went to The Anchor for coffee and journaling before catching the early service at U.C.C. I picked up Dusmesh for lunch, ran into Andy & Josh T. there, and I spent the afternoon watching The West Wing. After a second trip to The Anchor, I spent the evening hanging out with Blake, Isaac, Amos, Andy & Ams. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...