Monday, March 18, 2013

the 14th week

I'm the average height of a Roman soldier, remember?
Monday. I worked 6:30-1:30, spent the afternoon hanging out with Blake, Traci, & Isaac, and then we headed over to the Loth House for The Walking Dead with John & Brandy, Amos, Ams, Andy & Dave.

Tuesday. I worked 6:30-1:30, spent the afternoon dicking around, and then headed over to the Loth House for an evening of Archer and video games with Amos and Brandy. Yeah, I'm original in how I spend my time. Frank and Rebecca were there, too. Someone got arrested outside their house. The cops searched the car and found a GIANT bag of weed. When Brandy got home she unveiled a suit of armor, that of a Roman centurion. Being a fan of Roman warfare (remember the Rome: Total War days?) and also meeting the average height requirement of an ancient Roman soldier, I donned the costume and lived out a fantasy. "If only I had my gladius," I grumbled. "And perhaps a scutum."

Wednesday. It snowed last night and most of the day. It looked like a blizzard at times. Dave was sick so Eric came in early to cover for him. A crazy morning but a slow lunch. My evening was all but crazy, however: I took a two-hour nap, did some grocery shopping at Kroger, and fixed a delicious dinner of broiled chicken, mac-&-cheese, and homemade mashed potatoes ("What's taters, eh?" - Gollum).

Amanda's 24th Birthday! I had the day off work, thanks to Bob ordering yet another cut in hours. I woke around 8:30 and went to The Anchor: oh, how I've missed shitty diner coffee! Ams came over for a while, and when she left I dined on a decent crockpot dinner: chicken tandoori with onions, broccoli, and mushrooms over a bed of basmati rice. Ams returned with Josh in tow, and Amos, Isaac, and his friend Mary came over. We listened to folk music, drank beers, and took shots in celebration of Ams' birthday.

Friday. Isaac, hungover from a late night of drinking with Amos long after everyone else retired, was kind enough to ferry me to work: my car wouldn't start again this morning, yet again. He was doubly kind to pick me back up. Stranded at home for the evening, I didn't do much of anything: wrapped up a several-month personal study of colonial America up to 1763 (who does that?), finished Season 5 of The West Wing, and had eggs and toast for a late dinner.

Saturday. I woke around 7 AM and went for a walk to UDF for some French Roast coffee lathered in cream and sugar. Lunch was penne pasta with mushroom alfredo and topped with chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms. Ams came over, and we got Penn Station for dinner and enjoyed the subs and fries while watching The West Wing.

Sunday. Ams jumped my car last night, but it was dead again this morning. Time to take it into the shop: I've got an appointment tomorrow. I wasn't able to go to U.C.C. yet again. I took a cold and windy walk to UDF for coffee and spent the morning catching up on sermons I've missed. I spent the afternoon watching The West Wing and hanging out with Isaac until Blake returned after his weekend at Traci's. We got dinner at City Bar-B-Q and hit up the Happy Hollow with Isaac.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...