Monday, May 20, 2013

the 23rd week

John: the definition of a MAN!
Monday. I was sick all day, and work was hell. I skipped out on Monday Nights, but Ams gave me a banana boat (epic fail on my part, got it all over the oven), and Isaac gave me some homemade, delicious chicken spring rolls. I was awake for only a couple hours after work: I took a long nap and crashed early. Damn allergies. The culprit: two days of rain followed by a sunny, cold day. So many people are sick.

Tuesday. Tibbles and Isaac helped cover most of my shift so I could recuperate: I didn’t sleep much, went in at 6:30, the espresso machine was off and so was the water, and I was sick as a dog. Absolutely miserable. Tiffany, like I said, bailed me out; and I went home and took a longgggg nap, and Ams came over and fixed me pasta and salad for dinner, though I could hardly stomach it.

Wednesday. I felt much better today. It was nice just to be able to breathe! I went to The Anchor after work, and before Mario-Kart with John, Brandy and Amos I went by Ams’ and she made stir-fry and Roxy got so riled up at my presence that she vomited three times.

Thursday. Frank didn’t show up to open so Amos covered his shift. Frank had to take Amos’ shift, but he passed it off to Isaac. I yelled at Dave again. He hates me. *SIGH* After work I went to The Anchor and spent the evening at the Loth House hanging out with John and Amos.

Friday. I had the day off work. I spent it reading, made a trip downtown to do the food order, and played video games and watched Doctor Who with Amos. I headed north to meet up with an old friend named Stephanie; we’ve been chatting off and on. She has an adorable little condo, well-kept and peaceful. We made ice cream and I delivered two bags of coffee: Sumatra and Honduras. We spent the evening on her brand-new porch swing, talking and listening to music. I left for Cincinnati around 2 AM.

Saturday. Andy, Amos and I did Dusmesh for lunch, and after hanging out with Isaac and Ams I headed north and met up with Stephanie at her condo. We watched TV, played UNO at Stubb’s Park, and got ice cream for dinner. Another section of my exhaust broke, so I spent the night at Mom & Dad’s.

Sunday. I joined Stephanie for church at Centerville Community, and then Mom, Dad, Ams and I belatedly celebrating Mother’s Day with lunch and flowers at some pub in Lebanon. Dad & I worked on the Celica, tied up the loose exhaust. “If you hear what sounds like a World War One biplane, don’t get excited: it’s just my car idling.” I swung by Stephanie’s to see her before heading home.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...