Sunday, May 25, 2014

#bigbonelick


This morning I met up with Jessie & Tony, and Jake & Brittany at The Anchor for coffee and breakfast before a four-mile hike at Big Bone Lick State Park. We toured the bogs, admired the prehistoric Pleistocene sculptures, curled our noses at the sulfuric salt licks, and touched the hides of Bison even though the sign advised us not to. It felt so great to be out in nature with good friends, and by the time we parted ways my legs were exhausted, sweat caked my shirt, and I had an insane craving for iced coffee. I napped back at my apartment before my 4-Midnight in Blue Ash, where I fixed Ben and I an a home-cooked Indian dinner: chicken jalfrezi with freshly-baked naan bread. Ben loved it and kept pretending to be a Native American. “That’s not the kind of Indian food this is, and you’re being mildly offensive.” We sat out on his patio and listened to Blue Ash's Concert in the Park carrying through the line of trees from the amphitheater beside the Veteran's Memorial. 

1 comment:

Blake said...

I thought I was your big bone. Or little bone. I just wanna be your bone.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...