Monday, May 05, 2014

postscript: Wisconsin

We can be kinda weird.

My time in Wisconsin this past weekend was pretty great. I love spending time with Mandy "in person," not to mention the way it lets us continue getting to know one another and how we operate. A key facet to any romantic relationship is getting to know the other person's quirks, dispositions, temperaments, etc. so that the two people can love one another better. I'm so thankful that both of us are honest about what we think, what we're feeling, what we're wanting. In all the books on marriage I've read, one of the biggest "complaints" is that of communication, that one person or the other (usually both) either doesn't know how to communicate or simply doesn't communicate. Mandy and I are still learning how to communicate, and that's a good sign, because it means we are communicating, and that's key. Each difficult conversation makes me all the more excited about being with her, and I love learning how to love her better. That's so important in a relationship, and I'm glad that's something we have.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...