Tuesday, July 29, 2014

a cosmic post


I met with Jess, my boss's boss, and we talked about me giving up some of my hours with Walk of Joy. I picked up a lot for the purpose of (a) saving up for Wisconsin and (b) to make up for shifts lost at Tazza Mia. The cafe was supposed to close at the end of May, but building politics got the better of us and we're still trucking along. I've been so stretched thin that taking on less responsibility will give me time to relax. I'll have my Friday evenings free, and I'll have Mondays off, and I'll be able to breathe a little easier on Thursdays (plus I'll be able to start going to Young Adult Group at U.C.C.!).

All the other planets would fit between earth and the moon.
I haven't written much about how life has been outside the excruciating heartbreak. Honestly I sit here trying to think of things I can say. I can't deny that my thoughts are 98% on Mandy and the eviscerating loss. It's all I really want to write about because it's all I can really think about. She'll never know the extent of the pain she's caused me, and she's blessed to be dwelling in naivety up in Wisconsin while I'm trying to keep myself from losing my mind. The attempts to prevent total loss of sanity have included countless trips to The Anchor where I journal and drink coffee, working out every day, and spending as much time as I can with friends. I'm so thankful for the friendships I have here in Cincinnati--Blake & Traci, Amos, John & Brandy, and Ams--as well as the friendships I have elsewhere (such as Jessie, who's been a good ear to vent in). If it weren't for these people in my life, I'm sure I would have self-imploded by now. I've also been going to Dusmesh a lot after working out, and I force myself to not get stuffed. That would defeat the purpose of working out.

It's probably an alien space station. 

I'm in Blue Ash, and Ben is getting dressed and Jay is watching Meet the Fockers. I have that movie memorized; I've probably seen it upwards of 120 times. I'm not even kidding. We're going to a "softball picnic" here in a couple minutes: lots of food, lots of drinks, and lots of crazy people running around. It should be a good time. And tonight I'm going to be seeing Blake & Amos, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Tomorrow I don't work until 3:00, so I can stay up late if I want (but I'll probably be passed out by midnight). 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...