Monday, July 14, 2014

here we go again...

Come the end of 2014, I want to look back on the last six months of the year as being as good as the first six. This involves, not least of all, making the changes I want to make in regards to my health. I quit smoking for a while when Mandy and I were together, but I picked it up again as soon as she broke up with me. I was smoking two packs a day mid-June to calm nerves frayed with grief, anxiety, and insurmountable anger. Getting back in shape means quitting smoking, but it also means more than that. Thus I'm bringing back the Reformation (and I don't mean the Protestant one; Ams has no idea what I'm talking about). I want these next six months to be marked by me getting back in shape, and I've been following a schedule:

Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Weight Training (alternate A & B)
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Weight Training
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - Weight Training
Sunday - Free Day

I've also been doing pushups and pullups each morning, and pilates before bed. I've started running again (per the schedule) and ran a mile twice this week (I missed one cardio session because of... *cough*... laziness). My weight lifting schedule alternates between Workout A (arms and legs) and Workout B (chest, shoulders, abdomen). I've been eating really healthy, too, and I'm excited to see what the results will be by December. 

I'll be posting updates and pictures (guard against lust!) about every six weeks.
And I'll always make a ridiculous face in the pictures.
(since it's embarrassing I have them, anyways)

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...