Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween '17



This year was the first year I was able to do Trick or Treating Halloween night with the girls. Last year I worked, and the girls did Trick or Treating in Blue Ash so they could visit me; the year prior to that I worked, as well, and the girls were in Lexington and Trick or Treated with their maternal grandparents. The year before that we did Trick or Treating at the Tri-County Mall (since it was cold and rainy), but because the pickings were so slim, I don’t think it counts.

Chloe used face paint to dress up like a zombie, and we wrapped Zoey in Ace bandages so she could go as a mummy. We Trick or Treated in our neighborhood, and we had fantastic luck: the girls’ bags were filled to the brim! The highlight of Trick or Treat was the House of Terror down the street. There were two scary-looking clowns wielding maces and stalking the driveway, and we had to walk up the driveway to a booth to collect the candy.

Zoey clung to me like a life-vest.
“I’m scared of the clowns, Anty, but I need the candy.”
She ended up burying her head in my neck and crying.
But she got two handfuls of candy, so I think it was worth it.

When we got home we rifled through their candy (Mom & Dad always get first pick!), and I ordered Papa John’s for dinner and we made mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in dough). Ashley broke out some Stella Rosa peach wine and we lit a fire in the hearth and watched Caroline on Netflix. It was, without a doubt, our best Halloween yet.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...