Thursday, November 21, 2019

the year in books [XXII]



This next update in my year in books is a panoply of fiction. Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park has always been a winner, and it was pleasant to reread it for like the ninth time. I expected more out of Kim Stanley Robinson's Forty Signs of Rain, and Clive Cussler's Sacred Stone and Dark Watch didn't live up to the hype. Greg bear's The Forge of God was an excellent sci-fi book about the earth being destroyed by aliens; I tried to read the sequel but just couldn't get into it. It almost felt like a rip-off of Ender's Game. Ben Bova's New Earth was a fantastic little read; it's one of the latest books in his series focusing on the future colonization of the solar system. I put one of his earlier books in the series in my 2020 Reading Queue. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...