Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The cold is getting much better. I think it was brought on by the sudden change in weather, but I really don't know. My sister contracted it a little, I think, and was bedridden most of yesterday. I am thankful I can breathe easy now, even if it is just out of one nostril. I have been doing a lot of reading (books and the Gospels), a lot of thinking, a lot of praying. I've had the time, too. Except for one or two, I've kind of separated myself from my friends without meaning to. When every day used to be spent driving around, eating out, going to the park, whatever, now my days are filled with listening to music, reading, contemplating. And working. I work today. Afterwards, I might watch a Star Wars movie. I watched A New Hope yesterday; excited about The Revenge of the Sith.

This is a C.S. Lewis quote from The Screwtape Letters that I find to be quite amazing (and fitting for my life right now); it is a Senior demon talking to an apprentice demon:

Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our enemy's [God's] will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...