Saturday, April 02, 2005

My weekend of work is, for the most part, over. I worked four hours Thursday (oooh, big deal), four and a half hours Friday, and eight hours today. It actually went by really fast today because Mary gave me a fifteen-minute break, and for lunch I was allowed to go home for an hour. I have a little more 'work' to do tomorrow, leading the Sunday School for 412 Student Ministries Sr. High. It should be fun. In other news, I haven't done much lately except watch movies, read and write, as I've told you. I just finished my latest short story, in the style of H.P. Lovecraft and Richard Matheson, called "The Shadow of the Wolf or Notebook Found in a Deserted Barn." I like the first title first. Since I finished the short story, I re:vamped my website where I house all my novellas, short stories, etc., and if you feel so obliged, you can find it under the Mystery/Suspense section. There's really not anything especially exciting going on; Chris is with Jessica, Lee is in Indiana, Dylan and Tyler are in Chicago, and I can't get a hold of Pat Dewenter. So for right now life is pretty boring. I will keep trying to get Pat on the phone. It would be fun to hang out with him a little.

Ever seen the movie Dead Man Walking with Sean Penn? Crazy-good movie. Lee and I watched it Thursday night at his place, on the big screen. Sean Penn is such an amazing actor in that movie (wasn't too fond of him in The Thin Red Line). During his execution, I got chills. What would it be like, I wonder, to feel them putting the needle into my arm, to feel the fluid running through my body, numbing me as my lungs collapsed and my heart ceased beating? What kind of terror is like that? I don't know, but I imagine hardly anything comes close to being a dead man walking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the book was better

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...