Wednesday, June 07, 2006





I sit in a Krystal's in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, one of the only places here where I can get online (even the Starbucks don't provide wireless for me!). We rented a cabin in the mountains, secluded and quiet, where we spend our time reading, writing, and relaxing in the hot tub. I am reading The Barbarian Way by McManus (a few quotes to come up here perhaps Friday?) as well as hammering out a few pages on my Romans commentary (halfway done at 25 pages!). Several outlines for horror short stories are developing in my head; the horror genres of ghosts and vampires and werewolves have been outdated for a long time, but I am taking a fresh approach to try and reinvent them into a more... emergent context, if I can use a word out-of-context.

The mountains here are absolutely beautiful.They surround us in every direction.

I've drank more coffee this week than I have in my entire life.

Oh, and a girl I was "seeing" decided it would be best if we just stay friends. It does not bother me, even though part of me thinks it should. She is a really, really, really good girl, hard-to-find in this world, and I consider it an honor just to know her.

As they say in Dinotopia, "Breathe deep, seek peace." Sometimes I wish I were a paleontologist.

4 comments:

agapetos said...

I just was rereading parts of "The Barbarian Way" yesterday! Looking forward to seeing which quotes struck you!

Adam said...

Erwin Mcmanus is the Man(-us). Okay, that was dumb. But he is the man.

Rochelle said...

I agree about Erwin McManus..even if Adam's line is corny :) The mountains are definitely beautiful in Tennessee
Girls who are friends are a good thing to have :)

Fiona said...

Too bad for you it didn't work out, but she's still your friend and that must be great too :)

Who is Erwin Mcmanus?

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...