Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My summer has been grinding to a slow pace... The wedding is over, the Smoky Mountains vacation has passed, now it's just me and working, eating, sleeping: waiting for summer to pass by so I can continue life at Cincinnati Christian University, and then next summer head to Brisbane with Kyle and Heather. I have had lots of time to think, whether it's at home or at Starbucks or at the park or while I am working. See, there are lots of things about my life that I don't like, and I have this tendency to mope about it when, really, these are things that have happened because of the decisions I have made. In the Junior High where I occasionally work, there is a (cheesy) sign that reads, "You are the sum total of your decisions." It's cheesy, but it's true. Now, here is what I am thinking: if we can add decisions onto one another to equal the sum of who we are, can we somehow subtract with different decisions to backstep in the way our lives have been going? I think so. The truth is, there is a lot about our lives that is under our control.

I went to the Flower Factory with Tyler and Amanda; got lost in Centerville and wasted lots of gas. I bought a bunch of fake flowers to put around my room so it's happier. The blues have been visiting me; I'll get through them. I always put up a pretty good fight.

Tomorrow I am going to C.C.U. to visit my best friend Caleb. He is at school working at a summer camp. I wish I would have done the summer camp job, but I know that if Australia is the way GOD wants me to go, the summer camp job wouldn't have cut it. I am making really good money now.

It's time for me to go to bed: I have to wake up at five a.m. to go to work (boo)!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...