Monday, July 27, 2009

the lehman house [12]

Monday. I worked 6-2:00 with Tim instead of Willy (her daughter went to court for something). Genna came over, and we watched episodes of "The Office" and "The Land Before TIme" and ate scallops for dinner.

Tuesday. I went to the Hilltop after work, saw Rob & Mandy Hoos, Nate, Sam F. and Sarah G. (not the same as roommate Sarah). She's working with Know Sweat and doing work in Cincinnati for two weeks. Back home I watched TV and lounged around until Sarah got back from Keith's. We made stir-fry and watched a movie and ate popcorn.

Wednesday. I had a soft pretzel for breakfast and watched Gladiator. Jessie called and we talked for a bit. Genna came over around 5:00 bearing the gift of pizza, and we watched "The Office."

Thursday. I worked fourteen hours today: Tim called off sick so I had to work dinner with Nathan. So I served breakfast, lunch, AND dinner today. I got back home around 8:00, picked up cigarettes from The Pit Stop, and went by the Hilltop for an iced caramel macchiato; Nate told me to make it myself. I drank it on the front porch and Sarah and I sat and talked for a long time about the temporary nature of relationships. I was up until 3 AM working on a revised edition of 36 Hours. Genna went to a sushi joint and then to a show with Courtney and their friend Jill. She told me they kept asking me awkward questions, but she wouldn't tell me what they were. Courtney seemed happy for her, approved of me. It's so weird, dating a girl who's good friends with the girl I loved, the one to whom I lost my virginity.

Friday. Genna finished Dwellers of the Night, Book Two and loved it. "I didn't get into it at first, but then I couldn't put it down!" I went to Tri-Health for lunch--a Greek pizza and pasta, of course--and utilized their internet. I went and visited Jessie at Aroma's and got an iced coffee. Genna and I went on a date to Thai Taste. We ran by The Party Source across the river for some alcohol. We spent the night drinking and talking on the front porch. Nate came by after closing on his new house. Hartman was with him and we smoked cloves. Jobst came by, too. Genna wanted to meet the Infamous Jobst. 

Saturday. I woke at six, puked my guts out. "Was the sushi as good on the way up?" I went back to sleep and slept till noon. Jessie and I went to Kroger for groceries. Genna came over, and after a Near Death Experience by Drowning (You know what I'm talking about!), I went and visited Jessie at Aroma's. She went on break and we read a Dr. Seuss ABC book. Kitten Kangaroo Kick a Kettle Kite King's Kerchoo. Weird shit. "He had to be on drugs." I went home and ate pizza for dinner while watching The Office.

Sunday. Five thunderstorms came through last night, and they were beautiful. It was raining when I left for work. I hurt my back something awful and was in pain all evening. When I got home, Sarah gave me a heat blanket for my back and we listened to a Dane Cook CD before bed.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...