Monday, August 03, 2009

the lehman house [13]

Top Cats in Clifton
Monday. I only worked until 9:30, and then Willy let me go home to rest my back (I somehow threw it out). The rest helped, and the throbbing’s gone down to a minor aching. Genna visited me for a bit, then went out to dinner with Courtney. “Does it bother you?” she asked. I told her it doesn’t, not really. Sarah went to Keith’s and I watched a movie before bed.

Tuesday. I worked 6-4:00, a ten-hour shift. Tim served raw meat twice at dinner yesterday, so he got fired. Now Willy’s working his shifts, and I’m working longer so she can get a nap in between work and dinner. Genna came over for dinner and rum, and we walked around campus and went to the Hilltop and sat on the patio drunk and happy.

Wednesday. I was sick all day, just sat around. It rained nonstop. Isn’t it pathetic that this is all I have to say?

Thursday. I did breakfast at camp alone. I got back to the house around 4:00 to find Mom, Sarah and Amanda doing yard-work. At 7:00 we hosted a Tupperware party. I had two margaritas and a shot of tequila, was feeling pretty good. I was the life of the party! Funny how that happens. After everyone left Genna and I danced in a monsoon.

Friday. I worked 10-2:00 to cover for Nate and felt sick all evening. I went to Aroma’s and visited Jessie for a little bit.

Saturday. My last day of work at Camp Whip-Poor-Will! I worked 6-2:30 with Willy and T.J. We cleaned everything up, served the counselors two meals, and then got the hell out of there. I celebrated with a cigarette and beer on the front porch. My neck hurt really bad. Genna came over and we sat around and talked and Amanda did Genna’s hair, and then we went to her friend Maggie’s going-away party in Clifton at a bar called Top Cats. Ams and Sarah came, too. We spent most of the evening sitting on the patio talking about zombies, vampires, ghosts, demons, and the supernatural. Genna took about eleven shots of tequila and rum paired with several beers. She’s hilarious when she gets drunk.

Sunday. I spent the morning writing, and then Genna & I went to Nate and Kirby’s church, Vineyard Westside. It was good, and my Catholic girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed it. The sermon was on trusting God with our finances. We ate lunch at the house and then went boating in Brookville, Indiana with some of Genna’s old friends. I got sunburned, but it was fun and relaxing, especially bobbing in the lake water while swimming. Drama erupted between everyone the moment we docked, and Genna and I got the hell out of there.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...