Monday, July 06, 2009

the lehman house [9]

the view from the front porch
Monday. I spent the day hanging around the house, working on Dwellers of the Night and reading 1 Corinthians. Exciting, yep!

Tuesday. Dylan came down to visit: we ate lunch at Skyline Chili on Warsaw and then went to Barnes & Noble at Newport and saw "The Hangover" at AMC. We went back to the house and fixed pork loins, rice, and corn paired with Strongbow Cider from The Party Source. We finished off the night watching "Donnie Darko" and sharing great conversation before passing out in my room.

Wednesday. Dylan & I went to The Anchor for breakfast, and then he headed back to Centerville. Genna came over, and I spent the day helping her move out of her apartment and into her parent's house in Western Hills. "My dad likes you!" she said. We went back to my place around 10:00 and hung out for a couple hours. Her mom yelled at her for coming home after midnight.

Thursday. I woke at 3:17 AM, smoked a cigarette, and went back to bed. I ran by the Aldi's in Delhi for grocery. When I got back Ams and Sarah were doing pilates in the living room. I fixed lunch, ran to Kroger, and napped when Ams and Sarah went to the Art Museum. Sarah had a bunch of people over, about a dozen. They all got shit-faced drunk. Jessie, Ams and I chilled in my room the entire time. 

Friday. Genna came over, and we sat on the front porch smoking cigarettes and drinking rum. We spent the day lounging around, and come darkness she lit candles in my room, read me a poem and a letter she wrote, and asked me to be her boyfriend. I didn't want to move this fast, but how do you say No after such an elaborate ceremony? So I said, "Yes," and we cuddled and kissed and talked until 4 AM.

Independence Day. I ran rent money to the landlord Justin's place over in Hyde Park, then went over to Genna's parent's for a 4th of July party. I met her grandparents, two sisters, and her nephew and niece. I got home around 10:00, fireworks going off everywhere, the streets thick with smoke. It rained all day.

Sunday. I hate Sundays because I work 10-7:30, such a droll shift. And I loathe making pizzas. Genna asked Courtney if she cared that we were dating. She said, "Not at all. He's a great guy. I really wish we would've worked out differently and remained friends." I feel awful about calling her foul names in the past. Wounded hearts taint how we see others. Genna is hanging out with Courtney on Tuesday and wants me to come. Umm, no thanks.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...