Monday, July 20, 2009

the lehman house [11]

Highlands Cafe
Monday. Genna and I are still officially together, though we both know it's coming to a close. She told me she'd hate God if I broke up with her. Sooo over it. I worked 6-2:00, had lots of time to chew over everything with her. We don't click. She irritates and annoys me. I can't handle her drama and unchecked emotions. It's who she is, and I can't be with someone like that. "I'm a God Damned catch and fuck you if you don't see that!" she snarled. Well: some people like flounder and others like tilapia; both are good catches for somebody, but not for everybody. I was happier being single; that doesn't bode well.

Tuesday. I worked 6-2:00, napped till 6:00 and felt groggy all evening. The belt on Willy's car broke, so I'm ferrying her to work on Thursday. Ams made tuna helper for dinner. Genna's reading Dwellers of the Night, Book One. "I can't put it down. I love it!" Jessie, Ams and I went to Highlands Cafe and over cigarettes and liquor--Amoretto, Kahlua, and Irish Cream--we reminesced on the "Old Days," and especially on our Thai friend, whom we miss.

Wednesday. Genna finished Dwellers of the Night, absolutely LOVED it. Her brother-in-law, an English professor, really wants to read it. 

Thursday. I worked 6:30-2:00. After work I went to the Hilltop and hung out with Nate for a while. Jobst showed up from a meeting on Fountain Square, and we went to my place and smoked cigars. Nate came by around 10:30. He's always playfully (and jokingly) begging Sarah and Amanda to get naked. "If you guys ever did," he said, "I'd call you whores and leave."

Friday. I headed to Dayton to see the new Harry Potter movie with Mom and Amanda. It was all right. I returned to Cincinnati and hung out with Sarah for a bit, and then Jobst took me to dinner at La'Rosas in Clifton. I drove, of course, and after dropping him off at the Mad Frog for a show with Isaac, I hurried home and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Sarah went to Keith's, came back sobbing. Another jackass story. She sat there and cried and I tried to comfort her but apparently the only comfort she needed was Keith's arms so she headed back over there around 1 AM. I shrugged and went to bed. Ams is in Dayton for the next week watching Tanner.

Saturday. I went grocery shopping before Genna came over at 3:00. It was good to see her, we haven't had much drama over the last few days. We got ice cream at Jessie's workplace on Bridgetown and spent the night watching episodes of "The Office."

Sunday. I worked 10-7:30. When I got back home I cleaned around the house and watched "The Office" while smoking Menthol cigarettes Genna left here last night. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...