Wednesday, December 28, 2011

the 26th week

Monday. Cat was quite the little ball of spunk at work today, and Brandon came by to say Hi. He's been overwhelmed with all the chaos at Godiva, but he said he'd be coming back around again once the holidays wind down. I ferried Mandy to class and back, and I spent the evening just hanging out and watching TV. Blake and Amos went out to see a friend at BW3s, and Brandy stopped by for a bit with her pal Aaron. He has the craziest laugh. Here's a noteworthy: I got to bed at a decent time. And another noteworthy: Ams did all my Christmas shopping for me, I just have to pay her back. How awesome is that?!

Tuesday. Work went well. Training was cancelled, and later in the evening Rob, Amos and I porch-squatted with some pipes. Another quiet evening just hanging out with the housemates, nothing exciting to report. That's usually how it goes once winter comes along: no one wants to go out, we just spend our time hanging out in Blake's room or crowding the sofas watching television.

Wednesday. I threw out my back at work, an old high school injury re:visited. It took me half an hour to walk three blocks to my car, I kept having to stop and take breaks on benches along the road. I hit up C.V.S. for drugs and then crashed for a noontime nap (since Cat covered the 2nd half of my shift). Andy came over for a little bit, and then Mandy and I went and got groceries. She was being super protective the entire time, didn't want me doing anything to exacerbate the pain; and then she kept slamming the brakes on the car, which hurt my back, but it was funny. Kassie came over to roast some coffee, and we smoked plum hookah with Rob and Amos. Before bed I called Mandy K. and we caught up: her chaos and my monotony. We talked for an hour and, yet again, it felt like only ten minutes. 

Thursday. My back felt much better today. I was able to work my entire shift! We were superbly slow, and we spent the first half of the morning mostly just dicking around. We closed the salad bar early so I was home by 2:30. I went to The Anchor to do some writing, and I hung out with Blake, Amos, and Mandy for a while. Blake had his friend Danielle over, and I got lots of writing done. I actually feel really good about Act III so far. Mandy and I closed out the night trying to watch A Clockwork Orange. But we only watched the first half because it's a super messed up movie. I could handle it as a novel, but not as a movie, when you actually see what's happening. Oh: my New Year's Resolution (as if I were actually going to make one) is to get serious about getting fit. Like seriously. But brownies with funfetti icing are just so damned good!

Friday - Sunday. Just read the post before this, because I already recapped all of it. 

Now I'm going to get off here and get ready for the Tazza Mia Christmas Party.
It should definitely be a good time, not least because it's going to be at Rock Bottom.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...