Friday, December 30, 2011

the (post-) Xmas party

The small kids crowded the steps; it's where you'll see me and Cat.
Really, I love the people I work with. And I love the fact that I live with the ones I love the most. I never would've thought, six months ago back in Dayton in a whole other world... Wait, no, scratch that. We're past that. Wednesday night the three stores came together at Rock Bottom Brewery where we enjoyed generous amounts of free food and free rounds of beers, courtesy of Rock Bottom and Bob. I had two glasses of their Brandy Tripel, one of the most alcoholic beers they serve (it's up there with my first favorite, the Bourbon Barrel, and the Scotch barrel is quite potent as well). After the first I was pretty tipsy, and after the second I was all but gone. Dewenter came by with his new girlfriend Kara, and it was so good to see him: it's been a couple months. Kassie drove me home in my car, and back at the house everyone came together for the after-party. We had two hookahs going around--"Plum" and "Melon Blue"--and did a White Elephant Gift Exchange where the parameters were anything alcoholic or coffee. Emily got my California Crush, a red wine concocted by Dave Matthews; it was $10 at Target, and I don't know if the whole "Dave Matthews" bit makes it good or bad. Probably depends on your take on Dave Matthews. Bob brought in a crate of red wine leftover from wine-tastings for the (hopefully) up-and-coming 1215 Wine & Coffee Bar. 

All-in-all it was a great night with great people, and once again I'll emphasize how blessed I am to be surrounded by friends and family at home and at work. Here we all are again, just 'cause I have two pictures and don't know what to do with the second:

Oh, and Cat took all these pictures, not me.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...