Monday, August 20, 2012

the 60th week

one of the awesome pigs on fountain square
Monday. James & I opened at 600, and later on in the evening Emily & I went to Rock Bottom for dinner. They cut our bill down to $7. The nachos were heaping, and I'm ashamed I finished them. Brandon came over when we got back to the house, and we gathered in Blake's room and listened to music and Brandon told us how drug dealers are dealing heroin right outside his apartment complex. "And I just signed another year lease," he moaned.

Tuesday. Jake & I opened, his first solo shift. He rocked it out. We have a really good team right now, the last several people we've hired have been top-notch. I got off earlier than usual, around 1:30, so I spent the afternoon reading on the front porch and then grabbed cottage cheese and coffee at The Anchor before our 600 Vine store meeting at 6:30. I took Amos home and we played MW3, and Andy came over half drunk and we watched cheesy sitcoms and ordered Papa John's Pizza.

Wednesday. I went to The Anchor before closing shop with Brandon. I hung out with Isaac & Andy at the house before grabbing Rock Bottom for dinner and going on a sunset walk through Ault Park down Route 50. 

Thursday. I did F.P. today and delivered two catering orders and got a Jew star from Tiffany for being the only one who showered this morning (though, ironically, I didn't). Back home I played GTAIV before perking up with coffee at The Anchor. Andy, Amos and I met up with Tiffany at the Hilltop, and Eric made us some drinks and we played ping-pong like way back when, and we reminisced on the old days and sought to avoid cussing in the presence of the overly sensitive freshmen. Tiffany & Eric are just like us, they've just sobered up a bit since they had kids. Amos & I grabbed Wendy's and went back to his place and played some MW3.

Friday. Sarah & I opened, and at 2:00 my weekend began. I went to The Anchor for a while to drink some coffee and read, and I returned home to make oven-baked chicken quesadillas for dinner. It was a quiet night with the house to myself.

Saturday. I did some reading at The Anchor upon waking, and then Amos & I got Dusmesh for lunch before playing some more MW3 at his place. We're pretty addicted to it. I spent the late afternoon hanging out with Blake, and then Emily came over and we met up with Brandon and his friend Jesse, who may end up being our new catering director, at Rock Bottom. The bartender gave us drink after drink on the house, and all of our food was comped down so that the bill was only $20 (which we paid in gift cards, leaving a hefty tip). While talking with Tory, the floor manager, I went to drink my summer honey and spilled it all over my unzipped pants. Classic. 

Sunday. I had McDonald's for breakfast and then headed downtown with Blake to do some reading, drink some coffee, and visit Andy & Isaac at Carew. Amos came by, and he came with us back to the house and we watched "Stella" before going back to his place for MW3. Isaac, Andy & Josh made chicken curry and ghetto naan bread. I wasn't going to partake, but my trip to Dayton for a family cookout was cancelled (or, rather, postponed), so they were gracious enough to let me eat with them. I went to The Anchor for a bit and the rest of the night was spent reading on the front porch. I finished Rise to Rebellion and started The Glorious Cause.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...