Monday, October 22, 2012

the 69th week

makin' it rain, food prep style
Monday. I opened with James, a crazy day unrolling new menu items: foccacia bread, new sammies, new bakery items. It'll be an easy adjustment; first days generally suck. After work I went to The Anchor and read up on the Treaty of Paris in 1783. John, Brandy, Amos & Ams came over for the first Walking Dead: Season 3 Monday night party. SWAT and gaseous zombies, right on.

Tuesday. Amos & I opened, a hectic morning ripe with drama. I went to The Anchor for a bit after work, and then I jetted up to Northside to hang out with my friend Lea and her son Jack. We went to Rock Bottom Brewery and then grabbed hot caramel apple ciders from T.M. across the street. I went over to Ams' afterwards, and we hung out in her room till pretty late, and then I made my way back home and crawled into bed and promptly passed out.

Wednesday. I covered Ana's F.P. shift today. It was a slow day, a nice reprieve from the chaos of the last two days. I went to The Anchor after work, and Isaac and Josh came over later in the evening to brew some beer, and I picked up Dusmesh for dinner: chicken jalfrezi, vegetable samosas, and nan bread. 

Friday. Sarah and I opened together, and after work I took a long-ass nap before going over to the Loth House to hang out with Amos, Ams, John & Brandy. I got a flat tire as I was getting ready to leave and got all sopping wet and muddy changing it out in the pouring rain. I rushed home, changed clothes, showered, cranked up the space heater, and lie in bed reading till I could stay awake no longer.

Saturday. I slept a phenomenal ten hours and utilized the newfound energy to run some errands in the morning, and I celebrated actually getting stuff done with some Subway and "30 Rock." Isaac swung by and we hung out for a while, and I took a nap and went to The Anchor to study up on the French & Indian War before jetting up Vine Street to the Loth House, where Amos, Brandy, John and I hung out late into the night. A splitting headache accosted me and I headed home, took some meds, and chilled out with Blake, Ams & Andy before bed. We watched the movie "Spinal Tap." It's hilarious and frightening.

Sunday. I woke and went to The Anchor to do some more reading on the French & Indian War, and then Ams and I went down to Carew and visited Sheffy and Isaac at Carew. We hung out for a bit back at the house, and the afternoon was spent researching 18th century warfare. Isaac came over a little later in the night, Andy had a few too many drinks, and we crowded Blake's room and watched the Bengals vs. Steeler's game. Steeler's won, of course. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...