Monday, January 14, 2013

the 4th week

Monday. I had the day off work to spend it with Mo, but she made other plants. "You mean she had class?" Blake quipped. She came over later in the afternoon, and I made chicken in the crock-pot and homemade mashed potatoes for dinner. We played Scattergories with Blake and Ams and headed over to the Loth House for a chill night playing video games.

Tuesday. Back to work: 7:30-2:30. Brandon came by after work, and we enjoyed some treats with Blake who called off work tonight because he's been feeling "sick." Ams and I met up with Mom & Dad at Smokey Bones BBQ up I-75. I ate so many St. Louis Ribs I could burst. Ams and I hung out with Isaac back home till late in the night, and then she left and we all went to bed.

Wednesday. I went to The Anchor after opening with Dave. Ams & Josh broke up, and he was being quite a dick to her. She came over and we talked about it. Mo came by, too, and we drank beers and watched episodes of The Walking Dead: Season 2.

Thursday. Not an exciting day: I covered Ana's Food Prep shift and spent the evening at the Loth House playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 with John, Amos, Isaac, and Ams.

Friday. Amos & I opened together. I ran back downtown after work to give Brandon and Jake a little gift, and I got a brownie off Josh. Amos and I hung out for a bit, and then Mo, Ams and I enjoyed the brownie and watched the movie Clue

Saturday. Amos & I got Dusmesh for lunch, our first Indian of the year. Ams joined us at his place for some video games, and then I spent a couple hours at The Anchor finishing up the third draft of The Procyon Strain: Book One. I sent it to Mo to see what she thinks. I spent the evening reading colonial American history, and Ams came over and we watched a couple episodes of The West Wing

Sunday. I spent the morning running errands, and I got an iced soy latte from the Starbucks here in town. It was awful just watching it being made. The afternoon was spent reading and watching TV. The rainy evening was spent writing at The Anchor, and then I headed over to the Loth House to hang out with John, Brandy, Amos, Isaac & Ams. I hurried home to see Blake, and we enjoyed McFlurries paired with "The Office."

3 comments:

Dylan said...

Can't stop reading your blog. Making me feel nostalgic and want to be home. I should be home in July if all goes as planned. Let me rephrase that, I WILL be home in July. I should have a new car by then, ill be living with the rents for about 10 months doing grad school apps and working on the side. We shall be reunited once again. For a year at least. Can't wait to see your new place, have meaninful discussions, and well, just be around you. See you soon.

Dilly

darker than silence said...

God I want you hear right now.

I like hearing you've got ten months stuck in Miamisburg, even if it sucks for you.

I miss you and love you man. Come back to me in one piece. I'll kill you if you come back in a closed casket. Figuratively speaking.

darker than silence said...

Not other plants. Other plans. Ha. I wish she made plants.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...