Tuesday, January 22, 2013

the 5th week


Monday. I've come down with an awful cold, but I'm not complaining: when everyone else seems to be catching the flu, a cold isn't half bad. I went to The Anchor before closing with Frank, and then I headed over to Amos' to spend the evening hanging out with the usual Monday Night crew. I didn't stay too long: I went home early to get in some NyQuil and The West Wing before crashing early. Sneezes, sneezes, sneezes: that's really 'bout all I did today.

Tuesday. Eric started training as Store Manager today. It'll be good to work with him. I worked 6:30-2:30. The sneezes were gone, replaced with a nose leaking like a loose faucet. I went through a whole box of tissues by the end of my shift. I went to The Anchor after work, and Mo came over for a bit before heading out to see her dad, who's in town. Isaac and I watched The West Wing for a bit, and then I went to bed.

Wednesday. Another opening shift that went smoother than yesterday: my nose isn't running so much, but I felt "off" most of the day. I took a nap after work, and then Ams came over. We hung out for most of the evening, and I went to Kroger for cottage cheese & club crackers. Mo came over, too, and the three of us plus Corey burnt incense and talked late into the night.

Thursday. I covered Ana's F.P. shift. I was still feeling sickly so I cancelled Thursday night hang-out with Johnny and the Gang. Instead I changed into my pajamas straightaway and spent most of the evening watching The West Wing, trying to catch up with Ams. Mo came over and we watched Inception with Corey, plus an interesting documentary on lucid dreaming. 

Friday. I went to The Anchor before closing with Frank. Today was Brandon's "last day" as manager: he's stepped down and will be working counter shifts with Corey at Carew. I went to Ams' place to see her and Roxy, who's been shitting blood and vomiting all over the place. I headed home, got stuck in traffic with a splitting headache, and felt sick by the time I got home. Mo came over to comfort me. We watched some West Wing and she tucked me in before leaving, and I passed out.

Amos' 28th Birthday. I woke feeling quite refreshed and happy: refreshed, because I took a much-needed shit in the middle of the night; and happy, because I woke to find Mo sleeping on the sofa. She'd gone out for a pub crawl with friends in Mt. Adams and came over to my place around 4 A.M. just because she wanted to see me. Of course I was sleeping, so she just curled up on the sofa and waited for me to wake. Being Amos' birthday, he and I grabbed Dusmesh for lunch with Ams and Corey, and then we spent the afternoon gaming with John and Brandy. Mo, Ams, Corey and I hung out back at the apartment. Mo left to study at the hospital, and I went to The Anchor to study Puritanism and the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. 

Sunday. I woke and went to The Anchor. Mo came over, and we grabbed coffee downtown at Carew. I bid Emily farewell, since it was her last shift: she and Gabe are moving down to Florida, just twelve miles outside Disneyland (or Disneyworld? I always get the two confused). Mo took me out to lunch at her favorite restaurant, Duchess in Hydpe Park. It was pretty amazing: I had a beer paired with a portabello mushroom sandwich and pasta. She went off to study at the hospital and I showered in preparation for Game Night at the Loth House, but I fell asleep instead. That's okay, since Game Night didn't happen. I woke groggy, watched a few episodes of The West Wing with Isaac (finished Season 2), and when Blake got back from his weekend with Traci we played Black Ops on his PS3.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...