Monday, January 07, 2013

the 3rd week

The West Wing. IT'S ON NETFLIX!
New Year's Eve 2012. I worked a slow 7:30-3:00, hung out with Blake, and took a nap. By the time I woke up, people were filtering in for our so-called New Year's Bash. (disregard the "so-called," as no one actually called it that). Ams, Andy, and John H. joined Blake, Isaac and me for a night of food and drinks. Blake made vegetarian lasagna and Andy and Isaac made fondue. We pounded beer after beer and were quite drunk by the time the ball dropped. Ams went home, Isaac and Andy passed out on the floor, John curled up on the sofa, and Blake and I parted ways to our bedrooms to sleep off 2012.

New Year's Day 2013. I got McDonald's for breakfast while the house nursed hangovers. My day was spent hanging out with Blake & Ams, watching The West Wing, and playing MW3. There was a trip to The Anchor, of course; what better way to break in a new year? I read in its entirety the 350-page book by Bernard Bailyn entitled The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution

Wednesday. Dave & I opened, a slow morning but significantly busier than it's been. As the Suits return from vacation, we'll be back to where we need to be. And I really need that right now: holiday hours means skeletal paychecks. My evening after work was spent watching The West Wing and talking with Mo. She'll be back from Michigan Sunday, and we're gonna have one hell of a party.

Thursday. After work I ran up to Dayton to pick up some mail and hurried back downtown for a 600 Vine work meeting. Of import, Eric will be the new G.M. Hopefully we'll start seeing some much-needed changes. After the meeting all the stores convened at Rock Bottom for beer and dinner on Bob. I had a single mocha imperial stout and was quite buzzed, maybe even drunk. Amos and I played CoD2 back at his place and I called Mo before bed.

Friday. I had the day off (holiday hours) and ran some errands, including picking up Mo's Christmas present at Rookwood Commons. I spent the afternoon watching The West Wing before hitting up The Anchor to play catch-up on my blog, per Blake's request. The night was spent at the Loth House playing video games and hanging out with John & Brandy, Amos, Ams, Isaac, and Isaac's brother John and his girl.

Saturday. A mundane day filled with TV (The West Wing, Sherman's March, and some Carl Sagan) and hanging out with Isaac and Ams (with a trip to The Anchor, of course). Ams and I made some kick-ass parmigiana dish for dinner.

Sunday. My morning was spent cleaning, and then Ams came over and we watched episodes of The West Wing (finished Season One, on to Season Two!), and when Andy came by we grabbed Wendy's for dinner. I jetted over to the Loth House for an evening of role-playing (or "community storytelling") with Andy, Isaac, Amos, Dave, and Dave's friend Rodney. The game, locked into a grid of the zombie apocalypse, didn't start on time, as is usually the case, so I hunted down John, Brandy, and Ams and hung out with them for a while. I left around 8:00 and Mo came over, finally home from Michigan, and we stayed up late hanging out with Isaac and Blake, drinking wine and amoretto with rice milk. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...