Sunday, January 06, 2013

from the anchor

My morning has been spent thus far at The Anchor, drinking coffee and researching Master's degrees in education. Although I want more than anything to get my Master's in American History, I'm forcing myself to be economical (for once) and to pursue something more straightforward. There are TONS of master's degrees in education out there, so many online, and I've found a solid number that might be fit for me. I've requested information from about five universities and plan on hammering out a plan to become a teacher in the next three years. It'd be great to become a history or social studies teacher, but we'll have to see what options are open: those specialized teaching degrees seem all about having an undergraduate or minor in history, which I don't have.

Mo's coming back tonight around 8:00.
I can't begin to communicate how excited I am to have her back.
That means I'll have to clean my room and house today.
Where's Blake when you need him?

Tonight I'm playing a zombies version of "Dungeons & Dragons" with Isaac, Amos, Andy, and Dave. I've never done any sort of story-telling role-playing games, so it'll be interesting. I was on the fence about it, but the zombie scenario sealed the deal for me. Our story's starting somewhere in Red River Gorge, and I just might make a little novella out of what happens. That would be fun, so long as it's a decent story.

Regarding writing, I've been doing a bit more of it lately, trying to get on the ball with my zombie serial. I've decided to write it just to write it, not because I want to write "the best zombie series out there" but because, quite simply, I like writing about zombies, and if I can throw something together that brings people joy, then I'd call it a job well done. I'm going to finish polishing up the Epilogue to Book 1 this afternoon and send it to Mo to read. The book got good reviews from Mandy and Ams, and I've added about five more chapters to try and bring it more up-to-speed with my intentions for Book 2.

It's 9:20 and I'm going to pack up my things and go.
They've been playing country music on the jukebox all morning.
I can only take so much of that, you know?

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...