Sunday, February 24, 2013

the 11th* week


President's Day. I worked 6:30-12:30, a slow day because of the holiday. Monday Nights was a blast. The Walking Dead ended on a cliffhanger. And I was so excited to let Blake through the Loth House front door that I tripped and fell flat on my face in my hurry to embrace him.

Tuesday. I went to The Anchor before my 10:30-2:00 shift, and then I spent the evening playing Assassin's Creed III and watching "Skyfall," the new James Bond movie. Adele sings the opening song :). I had Wendy's for dinner. So, yeah, an exciting day.

Wednesday. I spent the afternoon after work playing video games and listening to music. I went over to Ams' place back in the ghetto for a bit. "My car sounds like it's about to lose its shit." Josh joined us, and we watched Monty Python's tour of New Europe. It was interesting? I got to talk with the Wisconsinite for a bit, and then I passed out something awful.

Thursday. My car wouldn't start this morning. Luckily I was able to catch a ride to work with Blake and a ride home with Ams (I made her a delicious hot chocolate as payment). Dad came down to check things out: the battery cables are all out-of-whack. We temporarily fixed it, and the car's running again, albeit loud and in fits and starts. Our attempt at patching the exhaust pipe miserably failed. With the car running I grabbed Wendy's for dinner and spent the evening at the Loth House with John & Brandy.

Friday. I worked 6:30-1:30. Mears' car broke down, and she failed to inform us of a catering order, so come noon some guy comes in asking where all his salads and sandwiches are. Eric, Frank and I busted our tails and were able to get the order out without it being too late. I headed over to the Loth House to hang out with John & Brandy. My car was acting funny, so I tried tightening the clamps on the battery terminals and snapped a bolt right off. John ran Brandy and Missy downtown to Rock Bottom for Girls Night, and then we ran by the hardware store in Clifton and did an ok job patching it up. I was able to make it home, so that's a plus.

Saturday. I had McDonald's for breakfast and spent all day cooped up inside: I don't trust my car for any unnecessary driving. I watched lots of The West Wing, did a good bit of writing, played video games, and "took a walk to ease my troubled mind," ending up at UDF and sipping some coffee on my way back to the house. The sun felt warm on my neck, I liked that. Ams came over and took me to Chipotle for dinner, and we watched a couple episodes of The West Wing before she headed out.

Sunday. I took a cold walk to UDF for some Highlander Grogg and spent the morning watching Ken Burns' The War and listening to a sermon online (lifechurch.tv "Perspectives" series is pretty great) since I couldn't make it to U.C.C. thanks to my temperamental car. Mom & Dad came down, and Dad and I worked on my car a bit more but are still left with some weird issues. All of us plus Ams grabbed lunch at Gordo's Pub--blackened burgers with applewood smoked bacon and bleu cheese all around!--and then spent 2 1/2 hours at the Verizon store upgrading our phones: I got an IPhone 4S, pretty excited about it. My first real smartphone! Moving up in the world. Ams & I enjoyed a quiet evening hanging out with Isaac, Blake, and Jeff. Pizza was delivered and we watched the new James Bond movie, so good I watched it twice!

* This is actually the 11th week, not the 10th week. I can't count even with a calendar and calculator in hand.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...