Sunday, November 03, 2013

an [app]ropriate post


Blogger has an app for the IPhone and this is me trying it out. I wanted to make sure I captured autumn before winter sweeps her away, and this was taken out our kitchen window. 

Corey and Mandy moved out today.
The house will be creepily quiet.
A foretaste of the next year of my life.

Amanda's trying to figure out a way for us to watch The Walking Dead and the Mario Kart theme is playing in the background. It's been a quiet evening hanging out with her, a nice end to a rather busy and draining week. 

She came with me to church today and that was nice. Andy, Mandy, Ams and I enjoyed the Indian buffet near our house for lunch, and Mandy asked how church was and I quipped, "I really enjoyed it, cause I'm a Christian!" Haha. UCC was indeed good; I really like the associate pastor's exegetical manner of teaching, and today was on spiritual gifts, a twist that I hadn't yet considered but which makes sense and is coherent. I really love those sermons that make you approach things differently. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...