Tuesday, May 12, 2015

summer softball


Summer softball has recommenced for Ben. Every Tuesday evening for the next few months will be spent on the baseball field. Ben's team is a little short-handed, and the coach said I could jump in and play ball if I liked. I'm going to ask my boss if I can (I'm responsible for Jason, too, who doesn't play, so me being on the field while Jason's in the bleachers may be frowned upon). This Tuesday we picked up our schedule and practiced "throwing the ball," and I ripped my shorts' leg right down the middle in a desperate lunge to catch one of Ben's fly balls.


I missed the catch but made a spectacle.
Teenagers from the next field over were laughing and pointing.
"They're laughing with me, Michael! They're laughing with me!"

1 comment:

Blake said...

Classic.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...