Saturday, January 19, 2019

01/16/19



Naomi Loren Barnhart came into the world Wednesday morning at exactly 12:00PM. She arrived with little effort, and both Mommy and Baby are doing great! I wept the moment I set eyes on her, and my heart felt like it was going to overflow. A fierce love spread through me, warm and comforting, as we looked into each other's eyes for the first time. Ashley was able to capture it, and it's our first framed photograph of her. She weighed in at seven pounds eleven ounces (yes, just like the gas station of renown), and she's the sweetest baby I've ever seen. I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm her dad; she's literally adorable and only slightly temperamental (which, I'm assured, will change in the coming weeks). The poor thing has my double chin, and there's nothing she could do to escape the big noses both her parents have. She has blond hair and blue eyes. Everyone says she looks a lot like me, but I think babies generally look the same (is it just me or do they come out looking like frogs?); she looks like a cross between Chloe and Zoey as babies. My heart is full, and it's with deep gladness that I share some of the first pictures of my beautiful third daughter.






No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...