Monday, March 29, 2004

the 12th week

our church is held in a gymnasium!
Monday. I slept in till 6:30: got to go in late because the Sophomores a year below me are doing some sort of new testing program. I worked 4-7:00 after school. My English teacher says I am very deep-thought-minded; i.e. "deep of thought." We were swamped with a theorized snow day on the radar for tomorrow. I babysat Glenn for Cathy G. Her husband's an awesome guitarist on the Southwest Praise Team. I've got two pimples, big ones, right above each eye: I look kinda like a ceratopsian! Oh: on my way to work some kid in a red Viper flicked me off and yelled "F*ck you!" I just smiled. So immature.

Snow Day! We had an unexpected Snow Day in March! It was odd. I decided to exercise a little bit on the treadmill, exercised for thirty minutes, want to lose some weight. Chris, Lee, Pat D., and Ashlie came over. We spent all afternoon in my room: me on the computer, Pat in the chair beside my desk, Chris lying on the floor, and Ashlie & Amanda curled up on my bed with Lee propped up against a pillow at their feet. We went driving around and Chris grabbed the Jeep's wheel and jerked us over a curb. Lee jumped out of the Jeep and I started going forward, and he was running in the snow trying to keep up. Ashlie's leg got caught in the door and her jeans ripped. Dewenter hates snow. Hank told Ashlie that I want to get to know Kristen some more. I guess it's true. She's been friendly, and we've been talking a bit more recently, I'd like another solid friendship. It'd make up for all the weird that happened between us "Back in the Day." Small Group was OK, the lesson was on the characteristics of Jesus. Kristen went downstairs for it. Oh, I picked up Kristin for Small Group and we got lost in the subdivision. I took Ashlie and Amanda to Taco Bell, ran Lee by his place, then took Ashlie home. It's still very snowy outside.

Wednesday. Got to sleep in till 7:30: Sophomore Testing continues. After school I went over to Chris & Lee's. Usually Amanda, Lee, and I walk to our cars with Kristen and Zach, but today Kristen hurried away from us, Zach in tow, so we wouldn't walk together. Damn it: I always read into things. She was in a hurry, it's not like she detests me. I went for a run at North Park, most of the snow having melted, but had to dodge pitfalls and death disasters in the winter-land. I wish it were warm. Chris left for his Small Group, and Lee and I watched We Were Soldiers and Lee got on the treadmill. We're both going to try and get in better shape: eating right and exercising. "The fat will melt right off," Dad says. He runs a lot, so he knows.

Thursday. This was the last day of Sophomore Testing, so it's back to 5:15 A.M. wake-up times from here on out. I ran on the treadmill for a good 20 minutes before school. I want to lose weight so bad! I've gotten into a new band, Imbortir, Chris showed them to me. I saw them in concert almost a year ago at the Cancer Walk. I picked up Pat D. after school: his sister is cool, though he doesn't think so. We got coffee and left the random cup on Jeff Sutton's door. Chris & Lee joined us at my place, and though most of the snow has melted, in the shadows behind the house there's still enough snow for a snowballs, and so we had a snowball fight. Mom & Dad had their Small Group, and our quartet went to K-Mart and then Kroger, just to get out of the house for a while. They left around 9:00. 

Friday. Kristen sang at G.R.I.P. this morning. I was nervous 'bout talking with her, being paranoid and all, and I backed down from talking to her and hated myself for it the rest of the day. Earlier this week I sent her an e-mail 'bout hanging out, haven't heard from her at all, it's seemed like she's been avoiding me, and the guys haven't helped, keep making me think it's spiraling out of control. When we walked back to our cars, Amanda saw Kristen and ran up to talk to her, and then she came back and said that Kristen hasn't even checked her email, has no idea about it, and she said the email was meant to go to Zach but there was a glitch in her email, so it went to her instead. I felt so relieved, the paranoia crumbling. Why do I always do this to myself? I worked 4-8:00 and have one heck of a canker core on my lip.

Saturday. Work was as easy as it could possibly be! It was warm today, high 60s and 70s. Storms coming soon, though. I'm excited: it's been forever since I've heard a thunderstorm! I went to setup at the YMCA after work, hung out with Pat D. for a while. 

Sunday. I'm doing cardiovascular exercises every day, as well as sit-ups, crunches, push-ups, the works. It was too cold to go biking this morning. Church was good, and Chris, Lee, Corey & I put on a playful skit for Mom. Corey, Lee, Chris and Ashlie came over, and we fixed quesadillas for lunch, watched some video tape from the Jeep ride that Chris filmed, and played pool. We went to 412 Movie Night at the futuristic-looking Rave theater. Chris & I sat in the front row. It was the movie Hildago. Dumbest movie ever. Chris & I were mocking it the entire time, so many laugh attacks. Chris and I were rolling over with Pharisee impressions. After the movie we returned to our place. Later on I took Corey to the YMCA, drove Chris & Lee home, ran by Drug-Mart and did some "Family Bonding" with Doogie. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...