Tuesday, May 25, 2004

weight-loss troubles

Any Ideas?

I am going insane. For nine weeks I have been on a 'diet' of eating right and exercising every day. Morning is usually a piece of toast with I-can't-believe-it's-butter or fat-free jelly; afternoon often is a fat-free balogna sandwich with some low-fat side thrown in; and dinner can be described as grilled fish and grilled chicken with mushrooms and mashed potatoes and hot dinner rolls (my mom is an excellent cook). I do 200 sit-ups in the morning, afternoon and evening. I also do twists in the morning, and oftentimes leg-lifts at night. I have lost forty pounds and everyone is amazed at what I have lost.

So why am I going insane?

Because it looks as if the weight is catching up to me again. I don't know why. I haven't done anything wrong. I work out harder and the weight just seems to be returning! Maybe it is my imagination and nothing more. I don't know. But I look in the mirror and feel as if the 'gut' is on the rampage once again. My goal was to get the weight off by 12 Weeks, but I don't know. Then I decided on 100 Days. And then, finally, July 1st. I hope I can meet at least ONE of these. I would like to get the weight off before most of summer, and especially before Senior Year.

If anyone has any suggestions, explanations, whatever, I'd kill for them. Thanx.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...