Wednesday, November 28, 2007

a lot is going to change

Sarah and I watched a weird movie called “Black Sheep” on Monday night. Genetically-mutated sheep become infectious and begin attacking people left and right. The bitten people, if they are not consumed by the berzerking sheep, become half-human, half-sheep monsters that thirst for human blood. Technically, it’s a comical zombie movie… But I think it is more along the lines of a twisted werewolf (were-sheep?) plot. Kayla and I went to Starbucks last night. I recommend the gingerbread latte. It was good to get away from campus and just talk about all kinds of fun things. I went over to James and John’s house in Clifton. Sarah joined us. We played Halo on their XBOX-360. Weariness overcame me, so I came back to campus. Now I am sitting in my dorm room, very thirsty, contemplating a shower followed by reading “The Road”, a book I picked up from Barnes and Nobles a few days ago. 

Tomorrow I leave for Georgia. My cousin is having his bar mitzvah. A good amount of my family is Jewish. I’m really looking forward to it. This will be the second bar mitzvah I’ve gone to, and the first one was pretty fun as well. 

A lot is going to change. A lot already has changed. I sat in the coffee shop today waiting for Sarah to return from Wal-Mart, and I ran into several individuals who were once a big part of my life but have now gone "off screen", for lack of a better word. One was an ex-girlfriend, whom I am over, but seeing her sometimes still brings back the memories. Good memories. Not painful memories. Memories that make me all the more eager to hold a girl in my arms once more. Another person I ran into was an individual whom I semi-dated at the beginning of the semester. Great girl. Everything was going good, it looked like we would be official soon, then she just stopped talking to me, stopped answering phone calls, refused to hang out, just cut me out of her life. It's been a wild semester. And, yes... A lot is going to change.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...