Sunday, November 18, 2007

yearning for a zombie apocalypse

My life isn’t very exciting.

I bet a zombie apocalypse would make it exciting. Sure, I’d have loads of emotional and psychological baggage to deal with afterwards (in the event that I did not end up bitten and join the legions of the Undead), but it would at least make my life a little more interesting. I

went outside this morning with my morning cup of coffee and felt great sadness: emotionally, spiritually, physically, romantically.

Emotionally, I want to be happy and content (I’m honestly struggling with that).

Spiritually, I want my communion with God to be rich and satisfying (it’s not).

Physically, I want to be skinny and attractive (I’m not).

Romantically, I want to have a “Dream Lover” to call my own (I don’t).


A zombie apocalypse would make me realize how lucky I really am right now. I tend to forget that.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...