Sunday, November 11, 2007

Friday: Left my cell phone in Sarah’s car, drove around for three hours before finding the church where she worked. Went home to see Ams and swung by the Garage to visit good ol’ Matt Neil.

Saturday: watched episodes of “The Office” with Dad, went out to eat at an expensive joint for my grandparents’ 50th anniversary (sea scallop pasta and a delicious vanilla/chocolate/pecan desert). Went to the Garage for their last night, got to see tons of friends: Hague, Dewenter, Chris, Matt, Luke, Nathan, Brian, Megan, Ashlie, Alicia, to name just a few.

Sunday: hung out with Amos. We went to Fuddruckers for lunch and then relaxed at my place for a little while. The rain came down in drenching torrents, lulling me to sleep. I returned to campus to visit Trista and Monica in the coffee shop. It should be a good week, doing homework, hanging out with friends, writing a little here-and-there.

I got yet another email from a fan of my writings. His words pertain to my zombie novel 36 Hours:

Dear Mr. Barnhart:

I have just read your free version of 36 hours (the book is already ordered via lulu.com) and it is one of the best books I have ever read.

Especially towards the end, the story develops a depth only few books and even fewer zombie movies could even dream of attaining, making the tears of soft hearted and romantic guys like me flowing like waterfalls.

I would like to thank you very much for your great novel.

Yours sincerely.

M.S.

That’s always encouraging. I hope my writer’s block will eradicate soon.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...