Saturday, November 17, 2007

my weekend

Christmas in Springboro is this weekend. Every year it’s a good time: good booths (kettle corn and roasted almonds top the charts), horse-drawn carriages, free hot chocolate and coffee and cookies, and getting to see many of my old friends. Last night I was nearly ran over by the horse-drawn carriage; Pat yelled, “Anthony!” and I turned around to see a horse’s head in my face, the legs galloping without any hindrance, and I dove out of the way just as it passed, my arm brushing the horse’s side. Everyone in the carriage looked down at me and shook their heads (snobs!) and the people in the crowd laughed. I brushed myself off and just grinned. Ashlie, Hague and I walked around for a bit, then I visited Matt at the Garage, and Chris and Pat went to Chris’ place to play on his classic N64 before heading to Ashlie’s to watch Jingle All the Way. Brian and Nathan showed up. Grand times. My schedule for this weekend?

Clean the house.
Eat Chinese!
Attend Christmas in Springboro once more.
Work on a book I've been writing.
Teach class on Sunday?
Missionary convention?
Work 6-9 with Andrew at the Hilltop.

Thanksgiving break starts Tuesday at… six? I’m ready for it. I have 32 papers to write in the next three weeks. Gah.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...