Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving '07


I don’t see Mom’s side of the family very often, so when we get together, it’s always memorable. Tonight was one such nights. A delicious turkey and ham dinner, with mashed potatoes and corn and green beans, stuffing, lots of rolls. We all stuffed ourselves and spent the evening watching Season 3 episodes of “The Office” with Steve Carrel. All good times come to an end, however: everyone left. At least I get to look forward to seeing them again on Saturday for a bonfire get-together. Here is my cousin Jared’s dog: 


 He’s a boxer, and though he may look menacing when he growls and barks, he’s the biggest pansy. He’ll run from anything. Get in his face and he’ll jump up and run. One of my favorite things to do with him is run in circles around the house; he’ll follow, running and hopping like a deer, sliding over the tile floors; but when you turn around to face him, he throws himself in the other direction and runs like mad. I spent Monday and Tuesday at my cousin’s house, and Boozer slept with me, curled up in a ball at my side. He had nightmares one night several times. I patted his head, gently woke him up, and he would lick me and crawl closer. Cute, huh? A Hebrew prayer of thanksgiving: 

Though our mouths were full of song as the sea, and our tongues of exultation as the multitude of its waves, and our lips of praise as the wide-extended firmament; though our eyes shone with light like the sun and the moon, and our hands were spread forth like the eagles of heaven, and our feet were swift as hinds, we should still be unable to thank thee and bless thy name, O Lord our God and God of our fathers, for one thousandth or one ten thousandth part of the bounties which thou has bestowed upon our fathers and upon us.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...