Friday, September 30, 2011

(post)pwned

Have I promised a series of blog posts for the last couple weeks? Yes. Did I promise that "the next post" (this post) would be the launching-pad of it all, so-to-speak? Sure did. But I've failed all three of you yet again. What's the reasoning this time? I tend to be an O.C.D. freak when it comes to my blog, and I don't want the posts to be separated into two month-wide archives rather than being solely located in one, and with October 1 being, well, tomorrow, it seemed a small price to pay to wait another day or two (gotta wiggle in The 14th Week somewhere; O.C.D. at work, my friends). 

Not that this post is meaningless. My O.C.D. wouldn't let that happen. All this aside, the fruit of this post lies in the simple recognition that while I can't pinpoint, specifically, with how God's at work in our lives, and nor can I embrace the idea that all our lives (or even much of them) are God-directed. But I do know that it rains both on the righteous and the wicked. It's difficult for me to say, "God has blessed me here and here and here," but it's easy for me to say, "I'm certainly blessed." And that's what I am: certainly blessed. Honestly, now, what do I really have to complain about? Sure, there are things I'd like to change in my life (so many things!), but I have food in my stomach (too much, at times, especially when I'm eating an Indian buffet), a roof over my head, otherworldly peace and security, and I'm surrounded by friends and family, people I love. I'm one of the most fortunate people in the world, and I can barely scratch the surface of it. Most of the time I'm unaware, caught up in my own little crises and dramas, but there are times when I can actually take a breath and stop thinking about myself, and I can see, yes, I'm blessed, and God's in that. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...