Tuesday, April 15, 2014

of libraries and justin bieber


Ben wanted to go to the library, so after fifteen minutes of convincing Jason to tag along, we set out! Jay was adamant that he didn't want a coat, so of course halfway to the library he said he was cold and needed to go back and get his jacket. I lent him my Guinness sweatshirt and we continued our journey. By the time we got to the library, chocked full of people, my nipples were hard as razor blades and all but cutting through my tight-fitting t-shirt. Ben went straight for the CDs and Jason wandered to the DVDs, where he started yelling my name at the top of his lungs. I hurried over and told him we were in a library, that he needed to talk softly, and he showed me a DVD and begged me to buy it for him. I informed him we were at a library and could borrow it, and then we went to the CD section where Ben had picked up a folk CD and was hunting for one more. I tried hooking him onto The Black Keys, but he adamantly wanted a Justin Bieber CD instead. I told him that was a poor choice, but he wouldn't listen. When we got to the checkout, he'd forgotten his wallet, didn't know his information, so we had to get a new library card issued. Then we hurried back through the cold, my pale skin spotting orange and purple. Now Jason's watching his new DVD and Justin Bieber is playing loud in the basement. This is my job.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...