Wednesday, February 04, 2015

on writing (II)



Behold: The Reveal! In the last "Writing Update" last month I mentioned a website I've been working on. It's finally good to go, and you can check it out here:


The website is but the first lily pad for my little hop-scotch-&-jump maneuver to get the ol' Funke name out there. Because I don't own a water cooler (nor do I know where any are), and because I'm not a fan of glitter-filled envelopes, I decided a website may be appropriate. Here you can look at my published works, read reviews and excerpts, and even copies (paperback, hardback, or digital). Many more lily pads lie on the horizon; marketing self-published books is an inexorably slow and laborious process. I have a little experience with it (you don't sell 70,000 copies without a little bit of know-how), and I'm hoping that by successfully marketing my books, I can get a following (I had a following years ago, but that's another story). My goal isn't to make a name for myself or to make money; I write for the thrill of it, and if people can enjoy the results, then they might as well.

The next three posts will be profiles for my books. 
If any seem tantalizing, buy a copy. 
I'll get like a dollar.
And right now I can really use a dollar.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...