Wednesday, June 10, 2015

from Lake Isabella


Lisa asked me to work her morning and afternoon shift with Ben, so I took him fishing at Lake Isabella. He was kinda spiffed not to have caught anything, though he did manage to tangle the lines on both fishing poles. My luck ran a little better: I caught two fish, but they were just babies, one crappie and a bluegill. The fish at Lake Isabella are smart, and they stole the wax-worm bait after nearly every cast. Our fishing excursion wound down when a murder of crows swooped down on our bait and started gobbling up all the wax-worms. Ben ran screaming at them, and they cried out and took flight but left hardly anything for us to fish with. We "packed it in" (his phrase) and headed back to the house in Blue Ash to clean up and eat lunch.

Ben's about to depart for program, and I'm heading over to Ashley's.
It's in the nineties today, and the pool is waiting for me.
After we swim, it's... *drumroll*... Taco Night!
And then I have a work meeting that I'm NOT looking forward to.
(read the upcoming 82nd week to learn why)

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...