Thursday, June 11, 2015

the reformation (II)

yes, I'm holding an ax
Ashley's taken my advice and has said "no" to fad diets like Atkins, the Warrior Diet, and others. She's embraced what I've advocated all along: a simple lifestyle change of eating right and exercising. The goal isn't weight loss so much as it is just being healthy, and we've been doing great in eating meals of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. 

We've also been diligent in running together; we have a running schedule in place throughout the summer and into the fall. We run together three times a week, gradually increasing our times and distance to build endurance. We're going to run a 5K together this fall, hopefully a half-marathon by the spring, and a full marathon by next fall. And, no, Iron Mans aren't in the picture (yet!). It's been a struggle learning how to support one another in healthy living, but I'm encouraged at how well we've been doing over the past several weeks. 

I've lost five pounds since April.
I hope to be down to 130# by this autumn.
(I haven't been at that weight since early 2012)
I'm not sure if that's realistic, but it's good to have goals.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Without even realizing the caption under the photo, I said to myself "is Anth holding an axe?"

darker than silence said...

Next time I'll be holding my crossbow.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...