Friday, June 11, 2004

contemplations

How come some people curse, make fun of, ignore and spit on God daily in their very actions, but when calamity strikes, blame God and wonder where he is and why he didn't stop the disaster from even happening. Ignorant. Blissfully ignorant. It makes me sick. I hate to be so gruesomely and irreverently honest. It just makes me want to vomit.

My friend helped open my eyes to something I have missed for some time. God is to be feared. Most of us make up a false fear for God, if only to make ourselves feel better about being 'good Jesus-loving Christians.' I haven't really ever 'feared' God, I am afraid to say. At least not until last night when his words sent recognition into my mind and shivers down my spine. I don't mean fear as in an intimidating fear; I mean a 'respectful' fear. God can take our life from us any instant; he can send terror and pain and disaster into our lives with his very voice; he can change the path of our measly existence in the blink of an eye. He is God. He is Creator. He is Alpha and Omega, the Beginning, and the End.

If you clearly understand what I've said, then you've probably misunderstood.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...